Very dangerous plants
Some plants can be very dangerous or irritate, mainly if swallowed, but sometimes even through touch, below are some examples:
- Deadly Nightshade
- Yew berries
Please take care when choosing or picking plants and ask for advice.
- Be sensible and careful.
- Always find out about a plant before you pick it.
- Never eat a plant even if your friends say “It’ll be alright”.
- Ask an adult who knows about plants and herbs.
- Look in a book or use the Internet – make sure you identify it carefully.
- Remember – a plant may look pretty but be dangerous.